Peter Roland has joined the AADI Defence team as an Associate.
Peter has been involved in the international business of high technology development and commercialisation for over 30 years in both defence and aerospace markets, as well as commercial medical equipment. He offers extensive experience in business development, sales, marketing, corporate strategic planning and in mergers and acquisitions in these industries. He has also spent the last six years managing business operations in Asia. He has experience working for large multi-national corporations as well as small, technology growth companies and has been the CEO of a public listed company. Peter has been involved in bidding and winning many major projects in the Australian defence industry for over 20 years and has been an avid contributor to the development of Australian defence industry and industry policy.
- Vice President, Asia Pacific Operations; Biolase Technology Inc, Irvine, California, USA
- General Manager, Business Development; Australian Submarine Corporation, Adelaide
- Managing Director; Ellex Medical Lasers, Adelaide
- Chief Executive; Invest South Australia, Adelaide
- Director, Business Development; British Aerospace Australia, Adelaide
- General Manager, Engineering Division Fairey Australasia, Adelaide
- Project & Production Manager, Ferranti Ltd, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Electronics/Systems Design Engineer, Ferranti Ltd, Edinburgh, Scotland
Qualifications & Other Professional Activities
- BSc (Honours) Electrical Engineering - The Queen’s University, Belfast
- MBA - Strathclyde University, Glasgow
- Member of the Institution of Engineering Technology
- Chartered Engineer
- Fellow of Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Board Member Fred Hollows Foundation Research & Marketing Pty Ltd
- Industry chairman of the Department of Defence’s Industry Policy Consultative Forum.
- Deputy Chairman of the Association of Australian Aerospace Industries
- Chairman of the Defence Australian Electronics Engineering & Manufacturing Industry Association.
- Board Member of the Co-operative Research Centre for Sensor, Signal and Information Processing.